Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Hairy Herriot

My dog has decided to shed. It doesn't seem like she did this last year at quite the same rapid pace as she is now. Yes, I was brushing her every day, but I don't remember being able to brush off a small dog every time. This year she has decided to shed all of her hair all at once. The other day Tobin was standing beside me when I opened the back door to my car and when he looked in, he went "is that ALL your dog's hair?" Today was even better. I took Herriot for a walk downtown and the Potters drove by and saw me. When I got home Kallie says "remember when I saw you at the church and Herriot's hair was all over the place?" Kids are.... Awesome.

Today at the clinic I got to go on an outcall. The land out here is so beautiful and remote; it always makes me think of Jordan because I'm sure this is exactly where he would love to be. We pulled a calf on the tallest Beefmaster cow you've ever seen. You know it's going to be a fun day when you walk up to the back end and her rectum is above eyeball level. Luckily this guy had really nice set-up so I was able to climb up on s fence behind her to attach chains.

No comments:

Post a Comment